Welcome

WELCOME! Keep up with the production of Engineering Tragedy: The Ashtabula Train Disaster on this blog site.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Last Film Location Scouted

Hi Folks:

Yesterday Gary Tabor and myself went to the last film location that needed to be scouted. The Pymatuning Dam just over the Ohio line in Pennsylvania. This is an area we can use as the location to film action which takes place on the wooden pump house stairs.



We can also film victims being pulled from the gorge here. Its a much better location then Zoarville, Ohio and its closer to the area we are filming other scenes. Now I just have to get permission to film there. I talked with a Ranger at the park office, but the main Ranger I needed to speak with was not in. I left a business card and hope he will call me sometime soon.

After that, Gary and I stopped by Roger Peterson's house to drop off the train track Bachmann donated and experiment with the little Mantis rototiller to try and break up the large dirt balls created during the bridge set excavation. It worked great! Roger has done a great job getting this area ready for the bridge, but we have a few more work days up there before the snow flies to get it ready.

Its been a busy summer and now I need to start getting our grant applications in to finish our fundraising. If I can't get the funds raised all the other stuff we've been doing is for nothing. However, I have faith its all going to come together and I keep pushing forward.

Keeping the faith!

Len Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment