Welcome

WELCOME! Keep up with the production of Engineering Tragedy: The Ashtabula Train Disaster on this blog site.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's Been A Busy Week!

Hi folks!

Wow, what a week! Monday was my visit to the Century Village in Burton, Ohio scouting more film locations. What a great place and great film location! They have a multitude of 19th century buildings including a train depot we can film in. Elizabeth Wantz was my tour guild through the property and with her help, I was able to find many of the locations we need. This location coupled with the Ohio Village in Columbus, OH will just about complete our location needs. Hopefully I can find the rest of our locations in Ashtabula on Thursday when I go there.

I was joined by my dad Leonard Brown Sr. and by team members Barbara and Bill Hamilton, with their friend (and my new friend) Gary Tabor. We were all snapping photos like crazy and talking about new developments in the project.

From the Century Village it was off to North Bloomfield, Ohio to check out the progress and work of team member Roger Peterson, as he started constructing the outdoor set where we plan to place the bridge and train for filming. Roger and his father have gotten out the backhoes and bulldozers and started excavating the area we plan on shooting this section of film. If you look at the photos below, you can see the Ashtabula gorge taking shape. The bridge is 15.5 feet in length and will be placed between the dirt mounds you see in the last photo. I know it does not look like much now, but when the landscaping is done and the miniature trees and the bridge are in, its going to look great! GREAT JOB ROGER!






I also spoke to Jim Manzone in Florida today, who is painting our train cars. He has them all apart and plans to start painting them this next week. He also has all the decals ordered and I plan on visiting him Oct. 10th at his shop in Florida, so be looking for the video coming soon.

Thanks
Len Brown
Director / Producer
Beacon Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment