Welcome

WELCOME! Keep up with the production of Engineering Tragedy: The Ashtabula Train Disaster on this blog site.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

We Made The Papers!

Hi Everyone:

Team member Barbara Hamilton wrote a great article for us in The Gazette a local Ashtabula County paper. I think it will help us get more interest in the community in the film. Great Job Barbara! I could not find the article on line to add the link, so sorry about that.

In today's news, I was back in Ashtabula and Jefferson scouting more film locations and talking to more people. I am so happy with how supportive everyone in the area has been to this film and how nice everyone in the community is. Gary Tabor, found me a great set of double tracks so film one of our scenes as well as got us access to the Antique Engine Club Grounds where we checked out another depot building. Unfortunately it won't work for us.

I also stopped by the Ashtabula Fire Dept. and spoke with Lt. John Paul who was kind enough to allow me to burrow two disks with old historic photos on them to use in the film. What a great bunch of guys at the Ashtabula Fire Dept!

Barbara and Bill Hamilton were nice enough to take me all around again so I would not get lost. :-)

I still need to make contact with the Chestnut Grove Cemetery Staff and have been working on that for about a week with no luck, but I'm sure they will be contacting me shortly.

I also got a surprise call today from a man named Nathan Clark. What a wealth of information he was and I think he even found me two more film locations! I did not realize that Greenfield Village in Detroit, MI had working engines similar to ours in the film and he sent me photos of them. One even has the LS&MS logo on the side. WOW! Thanks Nathan, I hope we can meet some day.

Team member Roger Peterson is still hard at work on the grounds where we will be filming the model train and bridge. Roger is one hard working super motivated guy that I am so happy is on the team. His enthusiasm for this project and willingness to do just about anything to help me out is just amazing.

That's all the news to report for now.

Len Brown
Director & Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment